Saturday, December 18, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting!

Back in 2004, I took a month long road trip from Seattle, WA to Los Angeles, CA and kept a blog that documented the entire journey. During the day, I would explore and in the evenings, I would go through my photos, write an entry and plan for the next day. My equipment consisted of an Apple 12" PowerBook and a Leica Digilux 2 and they worked beautifully together. My blog turned into a rich visual diary, a scrapbook of sorts, that in many ways ended up being a modern version of the scrapbooks that I made when I was a kid on family vacations. Keeping a blog forced me to stretch a little bit and to share my journey with those who were back at home sitting comfortably on their couches.

With this blog,  I will be embarking on a new journey, but a trip that has no real destination. Some days I might ramble on about equipment, photography books and inspirations and other days, I might share what I had for breakfast. Blogs take a lot of energy to maintain so I make no promises, but I do hope you will share this new journey with me.

Thanks again,
John


No comments:

Post a Comment